One way to appreciate a good truffle is by preparing a fragrant dish of fettuccine with truffles. Fettuccine with truffles is made with a few simple ingredients, just to enhance the flavour of the truffles only, so as not to undermine their purity. There are many varieties of truffle, the most common in Italy is the black truffle, and the white d'Alba is the most prized and expensive. It is important to distinguish between the many varieties on the market to choose the most suitable recipe to prepare.
1. With a semi-hard brush or brush clean the nose to remove the earth and impurities from the surface and cut into thin slices with the appropriate size truffles
2. Reduce the anchovies into small pieces.
3. In a pan pour the olive oil and let brown the garlic cloves.
4. When the oil is flavoured remove the garlic and add the anchovies.
5. With the help of a fork, let them dissolve in the oil. Turn off the heat and add the truffle shavings.
6. Set aside a handful for the final seal. Meanwhile, boil a pot of salted water and cook the fettuccine. Then drain and sauté the fettuccine in the oil of truffles. Pepper and serve each dish sprinkled with some grated fresh truffles.